Friday, December 5, 2008

Thoughts about Auburn University football.

First, I want to say that I love my school. I am an alumnus and Auburn will always be near and dear to my heart. What I do not like is what has happened to Auburn's head coach, Tommy Tuberville. Actually, I think it is downright shitty what they did to him. Everyone seemed to have forgotten that it was Tommy that lead the winning streak seasons. It was him. He recruited and LEAD those star players that we will never forget (Cadillac, Ronnie). It was HIM. He is the one that lead his AU Tigers to victory for 6 straight years against Alabama. It was him. He lead that team all of this time. Of course winning streaks have to come to an end. Everyone knew that Auburn couldn't win every single game forever. What college football team does? NONE. For instance, look at Alabama. They had their losing streak. Now, it is obviously their time to shine because they have a good leader along with a group of devoted and strong players. They have proven themselves this year that they can comeback with a bang. All teams can do the same if they put forth the effort as well as having the strength of good leadership. However, what happened to Tommy Tuberville was just downright eff'd up in my humble opinion. JUST because he lost to Alabama (let's forget the other 6 times in a row that his team won) he gets the boot. Let's just forget that the graduation rate was higher when he was in charge. None of that mattered obviously. We now see what was and is important exclusively. Winning. Beating Alabama every single time, which we knew would come to a close at some time or another. So Tommy will venture out and get a new job with another team. Then, he will have his chance once again to build up a strong team just as he did with Auburn. Then, it'll be Auburn's turn to play that team that he builds up. Because teams always make a comeback, always. Just look at Alabama! Auburn will do the same. Obvious that winning is important, nothing else, is obvious.
Stina

4 comments:

pammyboo83 said...

thanks for dropping by..im not in US but i also agree that its not fair for him..

Unknown said...

Protest at Noon at the New student union on Tuesday Dec 9th..Marching to the Presidents Mansion. AUburn is taking back its coach

ChristinaM1981 said...

Well, wish I could be there but I live in Birmingham for the time being. If you come back, tell me how this protest goes or I will just look it up on the Plainsmen. I am sure it'll be in there.

Tiff said...

Voice it girl!!! And I agree with you...seems like he got the raw end of the stick!